Apprentice Wordsmith (Select Wednesdays, 7–8 pm)
October 2021 workshops now available! This one-hour Apprentice workshop is $20 per person per class (no sharesies).
Buy up to three Apprentice workshops for the month of October—or come back to claim your spot once you know your schedule.
- October 6: Intro to Diagramming and Scanning
- October 20: Best Haunting Sentences
- October 27: Humor and Horror
- Three-Pack + Discount! October 6, 20, and 27
Wednesday Workshops start at 7 pm and end at 8 pm *US Eastern Time* (Time Zone Converter).
Details: Class size is limited. No returns, sorry. If you can't make it, pass your meeting link to a writing friend!
Once you've purchased your spot, I will send you a Google Meet link for your workshop(s) within 24 hours.
These workshops are like gym memberships for writers! But way more enjoyable!
The Apprentice Wordsmith
Rules of the Game:
- Come on time.
- Bring a notebook.
- Bring EITHER one favorite sentence from literature OR one sentence you're working on. No more than 25 words per sentence, please. (If you don't have a sentence to share, that's fine too!)
- We work through the Warm-up Exercise together at the beginning of the workshop, after I take quick attendance.
- Post your sentence in the Google Meet Chat once you join class. First come, first served.
- Post any questions you might have in the Chat. Again, first come, first served. Please limit questions and be considerate so we have time for everyone.
- Please observe Meeting Netiquette. I reserve the right to kick people out of the workshop if they become abusive, no refund.
We'll diagram and/or scan as many sentences as we have time for, with particular attention to the theme of the week. Analyzing a sentence becomes oddly relaxing once you get the hang of it—like working on a jigsaw puzzle. With friends!
If you're looking for more individual help crafting your own sentences and paragraphs, for any kind of project, please check out the Individual Craft class.